Friday, June 12, 2009

Live up to now!

So I've been unsuccessful in finding employment in Provo and as I go about thinking and looking I've had a lot of generous offers from friends and family to stay with people. I've decided to go home and live with my parents again. It just feels right. I would have loved to go down to Texas and live with Ken and Jen, my two favorite people in the world, but this just feels like where I need to be. I don't know how long I'll be out of a job, I don't know a lot of stuff, so I figure going with a feeling is the best thing I can do right now. Plus I've lived away from home for 6 years now, I've never really reconnected with my parents after my mission, and it'd be kind of nice to have the opportunity to do so again.

Being the youngest I got to live several years at home when it was just me and my parents, and we got along very well, my father has always been wonderful about leaving most decisions up to me, just giving me advice. He's always trusted me and my judgment and that's made this decision to move home easier, knowing that my parents really do love and trust me. Plus it will be great to spend some time with mom, I miss our long talks, she really has been my best friend for long stretches of my life. Plus this way maybe I'll actually know what's happening with my family, since mom tends to be the central hub of family information (us Stair's are not very good about calling/writing each other, or in my case even keeping a blog.)

Also, despite how most of my siblings dislike the town, and the fact that there is pretty much nothing to do their, I do love Wilson. I spent 13-18 there, and I had a great time. I felt closer to God there then I think I did anywhere else during my life. No doubt this experience will be different now that I'm a grown up that is very much acclimated to a LDS culture, but I'm sure that I'll still be able to have some fun and prosper in this little southern town. And it won't be forever, eventually I'll get into graduate school and finish growing up the rest of the way and have the job I've wanted all these long years.

By the way, in my search for jobs I have found TONS and TONS of opening for fully licenced Speech Language Pathologists. So once I have my masters I have no fear of being able to find a job.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the same about the need for fully licenced speech folks- you'll have some good options.
    We're sad, of course, that you won't be living with us, but I'm a little relieved that you finally have a game plan and can move forward with that. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Have fun moving and enjoy a few rounds of pinnacle for me ( I've actually never liked the game but have fun anyway). I think it will be great to have time with Mom and Dad again.

    ReplyDelete