Friday, February 27, 2009

New Idea

I'm not sure if anyone reads my blog. But I'm tempted to start doing a video blog or vlog. I've been doing a lot of research on Deaf culture for a project at school this week and I've watched some Vlogs from Deaf people.

If I did do a Vlog I'll probably use it as a means to practice my ASL skills which are in desperate needs of regular practice.

So if anyone reads this what do you think? At the very least I'd include a segment below with what I say (translated to English I won't try to do a word for word translation).

4 comments:

  1. That would be awesome! I vote yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely be interested!
    We have a deaf ward in the area that pulls their leadership from our ward, so we get to interact a lot. Man I wish I knew ASL.
    PS, the word verification thing for submitting this was "mating". Made me chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now here's a question, once I get off my bum and get a web cam, should I write something beside what I sign? I know I won't be as expressive in sign language. Also should I provide the English translation with sign syntax or English Syntax?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should caption whichever way helps you best for your purposes...whichever helps you progress the way you want to with ASL. We'll all be along for the ride, mostly because we find it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete